What is the Lever 4 Academic Review?
The Lever 4 Academic Review is integral to the ESF Diagnostic process. The Academic Review helps schools determine if their students have access to rigorous assignments and high-quality instructional materials. The curricular materials used in classrooms play a pivotal role in shaping the educational journey of Texas students. The Lever 4 Academic Review provides a clear path to optimizing curriculum material quality and ensuring students receive the highest standard of education.
What are High-Quality Instructional Materials?
- Ensure full coverage of the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
- Are aligned to evidence-based best practices in the relevant content area
- Support all learners, including students with disabilities, English Learners, and students identified as gifted and talented
- Enables frequent progress monitoring through embedded and aligned assessments
- Includes implementation supports for teachers including teacher and student-facing lesson level materials
Lever 4 Academic Review: Purpose and Goals
The Lever 4 Academic Review is a meticulous analysis of grade-level student assignments thoughtfully conducted by teams of expert Academic Reviewers across the state.
Enhanced Learning Outcomes
By leveraging the Lever 4 Academic Review, schools can ensure that students receive assignments that not only meet grade-level expectations but also foster academic excellence. This, in turn, leads to improved learning outcomes and better prepares students for their future endeavors.
Benefit from the expertise of our highly trained Academic Reviewers, who bring a wealth of knowledge and experience. They possess the skills needed to evaluate assignments effectively.
Our approach is rooted in data, providing you with precise insights into your curriculum’s strengths and areas that require enhancement. These insights drive informed decision-making and empower you to continually improve your educational offerings.
Lever 4 Academic Review Process
ESF Diagnostic Process
Breaking Down Step 1
- Campus Submission – 6 weeks before campus visit
- Academic Report Review during Pre-Visit Conversation 1 week before campus visit
- ESF Final Report including Lever 4 information – 3 weeks after campus visit
Tools and Resources
Preparing for the ESF Diagnostic Survey Slides
Slides from the 9/29/22 webinar.Preparing for the ESF Diagnostic Survey Slides
Survey Coordinator Checklist
Guide the survey roll out on your campus with this action step tool.Survey Coordinator Checklist
Step by step procedures for proctoring the survey with students.Proctor Guide
Email Templates to Staff
Email templates to introduce surveys to staff: options to message the survey to staff.Email Templates to Staff
Email Templates to Families
Email templates to introduce surveys to families. Available in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Chinese.Email Templates to Families
Panorama One Pager
Download to learn more about the ESF Diagnostic Survey.Panorama One Pager